Welcome to the New Target weekly roundup of industry headlines where we share with you all the latest news that has piqued our interest. This week, we dive a bit more into content creation and how it’s shifting along with some valuable lessons learned from Michael Jordan’s documentary, “The Last Dance.” Don’t bank shot your way into the second half of 2020, but set a solid strategy and set yourself and your team up for success.
While we’re all social distancing (physically), is there a similar shift happening on social media? The short answer is, yes. Social media is a hub for news, information, and discussions, but people are more skeptical than ever of what they are seeing online, which can make it trickier for brands actively using social media to connect with their audiences.
There are several elements that are part of the formula for success, but most importantly, no one gets there alone. Success requires failure, assistance, and empowering your teammates. The lessons learned from “The Last Dance” are applicable to any business whether you're a digital agency, nonprofit, or an enterprise.
Millennials and Gen Zers have changed the way people shop, but more importantly, changed the way businesses are marketing their products. Sustainability has become one of the top differentiators in the products that these consumers are paying attention to. Ultimately, organizations with some sort of environmental stance have a better chance of creating brand loyalty.
When it hits the fan, people scramble, but there’s always someone who comes up with a genius solution to make things better. We’ve seen this from breweries converting beer into hand sanitizer and restaurants providing meals for frontline workers. What does that have to do with content marketing? A lot. As things change around the world, your content will shift along with it whether or not you plan on it. These are the trends we are seeing this year so far. Now’s the time to think about the second half of the year.
As more people are creating personal brands online, everyone has suddenly become a writer. Writing can make us seem like many things like funny, romantic, genuine, or the flipside of all of that. But writing is a necessity and people are using their voices now more than ever to get their messages across. In this book, Ann Handly talks about the process and strategy of content creation and how to get results.
With offices in Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles, CA, New Target provides digital strategy, web design, web development, data integration, application hosting, and online marketing for prominent national associations, corporations, and government agencies.
August 9, 2020
August 8, 2020
August 7, 2020
August 6, 2020
August 5, 2020
August 4, 2020
- #VirtualEvents have become a necessity for certain businesses and are a way to make some of the income lost from in… t.co/v7JFpJD4kK
- Our digital team is giving you another chance to impress your friends. This week they're talking #WordPress P2, how… t.co/63q7Hvi0WH
- Leverage assets your business already has. That new company profile you invested in a few months ago could serve as… t.co/wJSotkjNdm
- In today's SERPs, if your website isn't ranking on page one, you're losing traffic. That's why it's important to id… t.co/RZBx1n0A9d
- Building a new #website for your business? Don't do it by yourself! This is no time to be a #DIY hero. A lot of thi… t.co/LGlQbGm75e
- Coding is incredibly abstract. A strong foundation is essential. If you build the ground floor out of wood, you pro… t.co/dP4OQW0I2C