Web Project Manager (Full Time)
Are you ready to dive into a fast-paced, growing Web development company and hit the ground running? We are ready to add a highly communicative, experienced, and detail-oriented Web Project Manager to our bright, dynamic, and talented team. Our new technically-oriented Web Project Manager will manage a variety of client Web development projects that include creative, technical, and strategic components. If you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for the Web, and the maturity to take total ownership of your clients and projects, then we welcome your response to this opportunity to play a key role at our successful company.
Responsibilities of this position are organized into four key areas:
1. Project Management
- Manage a wide range of day-to-day client interaction (in person, by phone and via email) with a reasonable number of assigned projects and accounts
- Manage project team members to ensure the coordination of your team's efforts to come in on time for your deadlines
- Maintain project documentation through the project cycle according to company-defined process (Meeting Notes, Status Reports, Change Orders and Client Approvals)
- Develop and tightly manage timelines for various sized projects
- Manage the scope of client requests to ensure timely (and profitable!) delivery while meeting stated objectives using industry-leading project management software
- Increase the value of assigned projects through pro-active strategic advice/direction/upselling of the project features and options
- Provide strategic guidance and collaboration to team members as well as, on occasion, manage/work with subcontractors and strategic partners
- Identify and make suggestions for ongoing improvement to company production processes
- Perform final assessment and quality control of deliverables before delivery to client
- Manage client relationships & facilitate ongoing client requests for additional work after launch of defined projects
- Work with the accounting department to review and quality control all final invoices against the original estimates and proposals
- Bring a strong background and understanding of web design, development and integration to our projects
2. Business Development & Account Management
- Assist in business development, including proposal writing, for existing clients/assigned accounts
- Increase the value of assigned projects through pro-active strategic advice/direction/upselling of the project features and options (Yes, we've listed this twice in case you missed it above. Advising a client in a consultative way of their options and opportunities as you move through a project is that important a part of the role of a PM here at our company.)
- Maintain positive relationships with existing clients.
3. Web Strategy/Business Analysis
- Be the authority "at the table" when talking with clients about what works and what isn't yet proven, i.e., the successes and/or downsides of approaches, options, site features, and strategies involving web design, web development, and web marketing.
- Continually bring current industry knowledge to share with your peers and team; share information and lessons learned to enlighten your team members!
- Work closely with Solutions Architect(s) and client during the requirements gathering and documentation process
4. Customer Service
- Serve as the ultimate "owner" and responsible party for your projects and clients. Bring a "The buck stops here" "Take no prisoners!" attitude, approach and commitment to solving our clients' challenges as well as our own occasional missteps. Handle issues without the client having to worry, follow-up or ask where we are in addressing any possible, issue, concern or hopefully infrequent tough communications that does arise even for the best companies.
Skills or knowledge you will need to succeed in this role:
- Web design, development, or integration background a plus
- Hands-on experience leading/managing full lifecycle web application development projects from conception to completion for a minimum of 3 years. We work in Drupal, WordPress, and Salesforce.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design best practices, web development processes, including at least one area of strong specialization such as information architecture, usability, requirements gathering, training, etc.
- Experience managing government contracts a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an outgoing, engaging approach to people
- Ability to think critically and problem solve even when you might not be the subject matter expert on the case
- Attention to detail, dedication to quality assurance and thorough follow-through
- Strong familiarity with how associations, non-profits, and member-driven organizations use the Web (that's a good chunk of our client base)
If you're interested after reading all this, please do the following:
Email a short cover letter and resume to email@example.com with links to 3 sites you've produced as the Web Project Manager. Please include a brief description of your role in each project/site.
Located in historic Alexandria, Virginia and sunny Irvine, California
@newtargetinc on Twitter and @newtargetinc on Facebook
Strong and steady growth every year since our founding in 1998
Fast-paced, flexible, and positive atmosphere
401(k) plan with company matching at 4%
CareFirst health insurance (HSA POS, HSA PPO, and POS options)
Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability insurance
Medical, dental, and vision premiums covered by the company at above-market rates for the Washington metro area
Sabbatical leave of one month after 10 years of continual employment
Professional development opportunities for employees, including sponsorship to attend industry events like Dreamforce, DrupalCon, WordCampUSA, and An Event Apart
Diverse client base brings new work and new challenges to the team
Monthly staff lunches, quarterly team outings, and celebratory company events!