Front End Developer
Front end developers are important to nearly every digital project and campaign at New Target. You will be actively involved throughout the project or campaign’s life.
Front end developers are primarily developing clean, production-ready code in WordPress and Drupal, but sometimes you’ll be called upon to work with third parties to help them apply our designs and stylesheets to their systems.
You’ll love that our QA team helps you squash the bugs from the fragmented browser and device world in which we live, but you’ll hate you’re still getting requests to address bugs from a user with a device and tech stack better suited for a museum.
You’ll work primarily with our development team and a solutions architect, but you’ll frequently interact with designers to ensure their intent is carried through your code.
Your voice will be heard when it comes to feasibility and possible implementation solutions.
Collaboration is key in a world increasingly fragmented, so when it’s time to reach a decision, you’ll enthusiastically move forward balancing efficiency with effectiveness to deliver top-shelf quality for our clients.
What you need for this role
- A proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and Bitbucket.
- An excellent understanding of front-end frameworks, like Bootstrap.
- Real experience developing user interfaces for WordPress or Drupal websites and web applications.
- Significant experience developing responsively designed WordPress or Drupal websites.
- Comfort working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
What you'll be doing in this Role
- Developing clean code for WordPress or Drupal websites.
- Providing design feasibility from a developer’s viewpoint to the design team.
- Troubleshooting and remediating cross-browser or device styling and rendering issues during QA, before and after deployments.
- Developing and executing the website’s approved design by carrying through the strategist and designer’s intent into code.
- Ensuring high-performance (high scores on Google Core Vitals and Page Speed Insights) and availability (efficient coding).