New Target, one of the Washington DC area’s leading data integration and web development companies, is looking to add a SQL Server Database Developer to our team. Our new Database Developer will have experience in supporting the development process throughout the entire software development lifecycle—with advanced specialization in database architecture and integration in a LAMP environment. This individual will have an enthusiastic team spirit, excellent programming skills, problem-solving abilities, and a strong work ethic.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
• Designing database solutions
• Strong SQL expertise. You can write a query to do almost anything.
• Good understanding and working knowledge of Database normalization concepts to reduce data redundancy and improve data integrity.
• Defining physical architecture, backup, and recovery specifications
• Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions
• Skilled with open source technologies
• Knowledge of security best practices
• Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions
• Bachelors degree in computer science or related field preferred
• 5+ years of experience
Familiarity with mysql a plus.
If you think this is the right opportunity for you, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Located in Historic Old Town Alexandria, Virginia
@newtargetinc on Twitter
@newtargetinc on Facebook
Strong and steady company growth every year since 1999
Fast-paced but flexible and positive atmosphere
401(k) Plan with company matching
CareFirst health insurance (HMO, PPO and HSA options)
Dental & Vision insurance
Long-term disability insurance
Diverse client base brings new work, new challenges to the team!