If you want your website to rank well with Google, then you need to know about EEAT which stands for Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness—these four components are the foundation of any successful SEO strategy. This acronym refers to four qualities that search engines look for in a website before ranking it highly in their search results. To increase your SERP ranking, it’s important to understand how to achieve a high score in each of the EEAT categories.
The recent addition of the first E to what was EAT follows a rising consumer demand for proof of experience when it comes to online content. Do you as the content creator have first-hand or real-world experience on the topic you are addressing? If you write a review, have you used the product or service? Similarly, if someone is looking for a specific type of bike, Google wants to ensure it presents the user with content created by someone who has first-hand experience with that particular bike.
Use the following to prove your relevant experience with the topics you are discussing:
- Detailed articles and videos demonstrating your relevant experience.
- Customer testimonials.
- Case studies.
- Online reviews.
- Press coverage from reputable sources.
- Endorsements from respected experts in the field.
Expertise refers to how knowledgeable your website is about the topic at hand. Google looks for content that shows depth of understanding, accuracy and authority in a particular topic or field.
- Create comprehensive guides or tutorials that cover a variety of topics within your niche.
- Make sure that all content is clearly written and organized in an easy-to-follow format.
- Have content that is accurate, up-to-date, relevant, and comprehensive.
- Make sure that any content you publish is thoroughly researched and provides accurate information on the subject matter.
- Regularly update your site with new content so that it remains current and relevant.
- Be able to back up your claims with facts or evidence from reliable sources.
This all will help Google recognize your content as valuable because you can provide insights into the topic that other sites may not be able to offer.
Having authority means being seen as an expert in your field by others in the industry. Website authority is determined based on things like the number of times a site has been mentioned by other sources (backlinks), its age and longevity, and any awards it has won or recognitions it has received from reputable organizations within its industry.
- Make sure your site contains links from reputable sources such as industry journals or academic papers.
- Include links from trusted websites within your own niche; this tells both readers and search engines that the information provided on your page is reliable and trustworthy.
- Include customer reviews which can help build trust in other potential customers who may be considering using your product or service.
Trustworthiness also plays an important role when it comes to ranking well on Google. Sites with high trust scores are more likely to appear higher up in search results than those with low trust scores. In order for visitors to stay on a website and engage with its content, they need to trust that the website is safe, highly functional, and that it contains accurate information that can help them solve their problems or answer their questions.
- Ensure that all pages on your site have valid HTML tags. This will show search engines that your site is properly maintained and updated regularly.
- Use SSL encryption which adds an extra layer of security for visitors as they browse through your pages.
- Practice good user experience design by making sure pages load quickly with no errors so visitors do not get frustrated while browsing through your site.
- Show that there’s a real organization behind your site, a detailed “About Us” page helps.
- Avoid false advertising tactics such as clickbait headlines or exaggerated product claims.
- Ensure that all information presented on the site comes from reliable sources and is up to date with current industry standards and trends.
- Put your contact information in obvious places.
- Rid your website of all errors, no matter how small.
Using EEAT for SEO effectively requires extensive knowledge about how search engines work and ranking algorithms. As such, many companies choose to partner with an experienced SEO agency or consultant who can help them create and implement an effective SEO strategy.
A qualified SEO specialist can provide valuable insights into the areas of content, page structure, technical optimization, link building, and more that are essential for successful SEO. They will also have access to tools and resources that are not available to most businesses, allowing them to gain a deeper understanding of how search engines work and what will be most effective in terms of optimizing your website.