Since 1998, New Target has supported The Scholarship Fund of Alexandria (SFA) on its website and web initiatives. The Scholarship Fund provides last-dollar scholarships to students of Alexandria’s only public high school, T.C. Williams. From developing its first website in 1999, to showcasing gala auction items online, to accepting student applications and Telethon donations during its annual telethon, New Target has guided and supported the SFA continuously over the past decade.
The Scholarship Fund of Alexandria
Now one of the Scholarship Fund's corporate partners, New Target is the proud sponsor of its own named scholarship, the New Target Internet Scholarship, which is given each year to a student who wishes to pursue a career in technology.
Additionally, New Target’s CEO, Laura Machanic, served as Chairman of The Fund's Board of Trustees during the 2004-2005 fiscal year, and then again for a second term from 2005-2006, and still remains active in the organization today.
Visit the Scholarship Fund at http://www.alexscholarshipfund.org.
- @codeorg We're planning to volunteer at local Virginia schools. Let's inspire more to study computer science and coding! #HourOfCode
- It's not too late to register for @BADCamp! Proud to be sponsoring the biggest, baddest #Drupal camp of them all! t.co/xOyTyIF2Fe
- Check out this video, "Web Standards for the Future" - with open web standards design and development will flourish! t.co/VA0rRap4YV
- W3C Declares HTML5 Standard Complete - HTML5 and the Open Web Platform are driving growing user expectations. t.co/R4J7X59QAx #webdev
- The importance of data in design t.co/TztPB9Na1Z #webdesign #uxdesign #webdev
- What does a ZIP code say about an area? This map claims to know: t.co/bKWac5iEw1 #data #visualization #infographic #design
- "Bringing global Twitter conversations into apps can enrich your content and your user’s experience" Enter Fabric.. t.co/EBzzGIAWxv
- WordPress 4.0 "Benny" "This release brings you a smoother writing and management experience we think you’ll enjoy." t.co/mFoppR6LQx